The training manual contains 8 modules:
- Module 1: Seed Production Requirements
- Module 2: Cropping Cycle
- Module 3: Seed Preparation
- Module 4: Site Selection and Land Preparation
- Module 5: Planting, Weeding, Thinning and Gap-filling
- Module 6: Pest and Disease Management
- Module 7: Harvesting, Processing and Storing
- Module 8: Vegetable Seed Farming As A Business
This guide sets out the causes, impact, signs and symptoms of cotton bollworm and offers practical advice on management through prevention and control strategies to a pest that attacks over 200 species of plants.
Tips on fertilizing vegetables is a 90 second excerpt from the popular television programme Shamba Shape-Up. ASHC commission the programme makers to incorporate ISFM messages into the shows.